Growth Train aims to help companies in their journey as a startup to a thriving, scalable and financially sustainable business that makes a positive impact in society.
We seek companies who want to grow and expand in new markets, find partners and get matched with investors.
We take no equity in the startups we help and we work towards a long-lasting relationship with them so that they may contribute to the growth of our region.
Agrifood in Lolland-Falster
Our region has one of the most fertile soil in Europe, with well-managed and structured farms run by highly skilled farmers with competencies in seed and sugar production. We have seen a significant increase in the production of fruits and vegetable, as well as a growing share of organic production.
We produce more renewably energy than we consume, and more projects are dedicated to the development of green energy sources such as wind, solar and biogas.
As an interest organization for our region, we are financially well-consolidated and on the lookout for investment opportunities in secondary sectors and value chain integration, e.g. pharma, medico and proteins.
We are globally recognized for the quality of our products, traceability and competitiveness
Initiatives and Support Activities
- Globally oriented and competitive supporting companies with focus on sugar and seed production
- Suppliers within agriculture, e.g. field sprayers and robotics
- Food production and processing for protein sources
- Development of sales and distribution centers for our growing agrifood sector – given our central position in relation to Scandinavia and the rest of Europe
- Implementation of new technologies and production methods
- Monitoring of income levels for producers to support succession planning.